[Dixielandjazz] Randy Sandke

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 01:17:49 EDT 2016

Since I wrote my other 2 message, let me shoot out a couple of comments on Randy Sandke. He’s a high-quality trumpeter and band lead who doesn’t get all of the publicity he should. I now have 5 song sets by him and have listened to “All the Cats Join In” and some of “The Chase.” My first Sandke song set was “Cliffhanger.” All of these and the others are good-quality and worth listening to.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL
P.S. For all of the trumpet geeks on this list, in one of the songs on Cliffhanger, he goes up to a 4th-line G, good commercial range, just as part of the tune without apparently breaking a sweat. Great expression and musicianship.