[Dixielandjazz] mailing CDs safely

Bert Thompson dr_bert at juno.com
Wed Apr 13 19:29:06 EDT 2016

It has been my experience when receiving in the mail CDs in their jewel cases that many times the teeth that hold the CD in place are broken off, rendering the case useless, although the CD itself has been O.K.  I have found, however, that if the sender places a small piece of folded napkin or bubble wrap over the teeth and then closes the case on it, the teeth--and CD--come through the postal service rigors intact.  But have found no trick to prevent the case itself from becoming cracked on occasion, despite a bubble mailer, undoubtedly caused by the 800-pound gorilla sitting on it.

Regards,

Bert Thompson