[Dixielandjazz] mailing CDs safely

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Wed Apr 13 15:41:54 EDT 2016

Hello, listmates—

I’m planning to mail two CDs to several individuals in a single envelope (no jewel case). I need advice on whether CDs typically go without damage (in the U.S mail) in a standard CD holder (with the hole in center to show the title), placed in a standard CD-sized envelope like the ones purchased at, say, Home Depot. I’ve noticed that my wife’s weekly Netflix CDs come in a red envelope that seems not much different from what I’ve described. Have you had any good or bad experience with mailing CDs? Bubble envelopes can get expensive when mailing large numbers of CDs, but I’ll go that way if needed.

Charlie