[Dixielandjazz] Gone

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 9 07:38:41 EDT 2016

I have no plans, and no time, to write a book about Steve Voce, or the several others I regard as having been my teachers in jazz -- I am working on a book about one of my academic teachers, the gentleman who noticed the number of ladies of a certain veteran vintage at Stephan Grappelli's final concert in Scotland and made a less gentlemanly-sounding reference to Grappelli-groupies in the Festival Theatre. He is no longer with us.
I hope Steve is, both in continuing to draw and not to waste breath, and also as a member of this group.
In the latter case, if he is not, why not?  A mistake I presume.
Viva Voce!Robert R. Calder