[Dixielandjazz] White House

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 3 02:35:29 EDT 2016

Probably one expert asked another and yet another one was asked -and the result wasn't "who should we ask?" but "who will we be blamed for not inviting?"
to adapt a line and rhythm from an unforgettable TV ad's punchline delivered by Slim Gaillard

"ARE YOU A REGISTERED APPORTIONER OF OFFICIAL BLAME?"
So far as I'm aware it was for rather marketing than musical reasons that musicians deemed "modern" did not advertise affinities with antecedents -- a problem for which Art Hodes unequivocally blamed Leonard Feather.
Almost sixty years ago Eric Dolphy was reported to have asked someone not to mention having seen him -- Dolphy! --  jamming in Harlem with men already then veterans.
Perhaps there are better senators etc. than the one so friendly when he chatted to me during my stay on a student exchange in Kentucky  -- chatted until an aide whispered in his ear that my tartan (plaid, he said) tie did mean a Scottish connection, but one which (beside how young I was) meant I had no vote. The man was wasting his own time, but I found it hilarious.
Slap that guy's back between the shoulderblades
and you'll bruise your palm on the key he's wound up with..WRITE TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVES, OKOMUSICAL AMERICA !!!!
Robert R. Calder