[Dixielandjazz] sex

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 28 03:16:45 PDT 2015

On 28/09/2015, at 10:19 AM, ROBERT R. CALDER wrote [in part]...

> in which this and the above paragraphs were composed Mr. Melly would signal the band and commence a song which was nothing if not commercial: "we are the Ovalteenies!"I gather its composition was commissioned to be sung by British children and encourage them to partake of an alleged soporific of a sort Americans have called "Malted Milk", a phrase whose occurrence as the title of a naughtiness-related Robert Johnson blues (with a guitar accompaniment lifted straight from Lonnie Johnson...

Thank you Robert,
I had forgotten all about that Robert Johnson blues.
So dug it out, dusted it off and listened.
Mmmmm.
Probably me, but it hasn't worn all that well.
I then checked YouTube and found this interesting Eric Clapton 'cover':
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTD7j774cfQ
Kind regards,
Bill, who still remembers malted milk bars from his hometown Melbourne.