[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Fw: Keep (it) Swinging

Tony Davis tony at tony-davis.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 06:17:27 PDT 2015

I lived in Birmingham until 1966, and went to many jazz concerts at the
Town Hall.  I missed the "Dirty Bopper" episode, but saw Humph's band
there in 1956.  By that time Bruce was well established in the band, and
there were no banners demanding his repatriation to the Land of Bop, but
I regret to say that a few members of the audience expressed their
enthusiam by setting off fireworks (it was just before November 5th),
and  stopped only after Humph threatened to terminate the concert.
Unbelievably stupid behaviour.  (I'm sure it wouldn't have happened in
Manchester, Steve!)

Tony Davis