[Dixielandjazz] The Immortal Eddie Condon

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Oct 31 18:55:08 PDT 2015

When I lived in Tinsel Town, I did a 3-hour Jazz radio show every Saturday for 16 1/2 years. At some point, someone loaned me the entire CD collection of those Condon Town Hall Concerts. I think there were something such as 24 or 30 of them. I ran one show per week through the entire series.

Dick Cary told me that he was there for most of them, writing most of the arrangements and doing some playing. But, because he was in the service, stationed at Lake Plazid (SP) he could not perform on radio without the permission of the Army, or which ever branch of the service he was in.

He would come into town on weekends and play and do the radio shows, under cover.

Bob Ringwald piano, Solo, Duo, Trio, Quartet, Quintet
Fulton Street Jazz Band (Dixieland/Swing)
916/ 806-9551
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV

"If after a certain age, you do not wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead." -Tommy Mein