[Dixielandjazz] Spanish songs from New Orleans

domitype . domitype at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:32:40 PDT 2015

The three books by Ned Sublette explain the interlinked influences of
Spanish (including Roma and Arabic music influences,) African, Caribbean,
and New Orleans music quite well (there are many.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Sublette

The World That Made New Orleans: From Spanish Silver to Congo Square; Cuba
and Its Music: From the First Drums to the Mambo; and The Year Before the
Flood: A Story of New Orleans (gets into the NOLA Brass Band, Mardi Gras
Indians, and other traditions.)

Dve Richoux