[Dixielandjazz] Strange Fruit

jazz en ville jazz-en-ville at orange.fr
Sat Oct 24 05:08:00 PDT 2015

Hi, and thanks for your contribution

For me, the Holiday's vesion of "Strange fruit" is one of the greatest
piece of history of jazz.
On an artistic way.
On an historic approach  too, and perhaps mainly.

But, don't forget the Bechet version, where lyrism and emotion take the
place of words, telling them through notes. No doubt these two versions
are in my heart until I die and , I am sure, in these of multitude of
men for ever.

Alain
(Beg your pardon for my english. I'm too old to improve it)