[Dixielandjazz] verse

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 5 13:09:54 PDT 2015

Willie the Lion Smith was not old and had a vigorous bellow when doing the vocal bit on his LP for the GRAND AWARD label (all now on You Tube)

"A good song,"  he roared, "needs a parful voice!"

Truly a Joysy accent
(non-Britons will boggle if I say Deep Joysy, from Fundamold NJ.Others will remember the wordmangling vaudevillian "Professor" Stanley Unwin, almost certainly also on YouTube)

Sad as it feels to deJoysify anything I did eventually gather he meant "powerful verse!"
Of cawrsss (Choarss -- chorus)

Deep Joy (as the "Professor" used warmly to say!Robert R. Calder