[Dixielandjazz] New Melbourne Jazz Band

Tony Davis tony.davis at waitrose.com
Sun Nov 22 14:00:15 PST 2015

Yesterday afternoon (or "arvo" in Australian) Judy Eames and I had the delightful experience of sitting in for a few numbers with the NMJB, led by Ross Anderson, whose name will be familiar to all members of this list.

It's a band of fine musicians who made us feel really welcome; Ross had even gone to the trouble of providing the band with chord charts for Jude's numbers transposed into her unusual keys so that everything went smoothly.

Today (Monday) we fly to Sydney, where we hope to meet up with the legendary Bill Haesler.  More later ...

Tony and Jude

Sent from my NOOK