[Dixielandjazz] HELP!

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Nov 18 11:37:33 PST 2015

Bob Romans wrote:

> I have an arrangement for "Entry Of The Gladiators" (Fucic), but the tenor
sax part is missing..

>  I'm wondering is anyone in our jazz world has it.
>
> Arranger  is Laurend.???

"Entry of the Gladiators" (Czech: Vjezd gladiátorů, German: Einzug der
Gladiatoren) is a military march composed in 1897 by the Czech composer
Julius Fučík.

The most popular American publication of this march was by Carl Fischer in
1901. It was arranged for American wind bands by Louis-Philippe Laurendeau.
Fisher re-titled it for the American market as "Thunder and Blazes."

A complete set of parts is downloadable free, in PDF format, at the Band
Music PDF website:

http://www.bandmusicpdf.org/thunderandblazes

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers Vintage Jazz Band
Conductor / Staff Arranger,  The Pacific Brass Band