[Dixielandjazz] FW: trumpeters

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Nov 14 05:43:25 PST 2015

Marek wrote, speaking of Al Hirt:  >although technically brilliant, was
extremely boring.

There, Marek, we will have to remain in disagreement.  After all, both of
our opinions are just that...personal opinions.

Perhaps you never heard Al Hirt's "Pier (is it?) 56" album with Pete
Fountain & Bob Havens.  The music on that album is far from boring.

I love their fun version of the Saints where each of the wind instruments
takes a note.  Not easy to do, as the 4 notes do not divide up evenly
between the 3 instruments, so you get a different note at each pass!
Probably more fun for the player than the listener!

Jim