[Dixielandjazz] FW: Allen Toussaint/canonizations

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 16:23:10 PST 2015

Hi Charlie,

I really do believe that Allen Toussaint does deserve the good words that
have been written about him. He always admitted the debt he owe to Professor
Longhair. He was a prime influence on Dr. John. The Minit label would never
have got off the ground without him. His SeaSaint studios produced some
wonderful material. Irma Thomas owes a lot to him, as do the Meters. perhaps
not "OKOM" but it is New Orleans music. I was privileged to meet him some
years ago.

Just a thought. I'm now running for cover

Best

Louis

Charlie Suhor wrote (polite snip)

<Toussaint was a fine talent within his realm, but if he was a significant
innovator, I didn’t get that>