[Dixielandjazz] Roger Krum RIP

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 10 19:10:39 PST 2015

To DJML & Musicians and Jazzfans list
From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

It was my pleasure to work with RogerKrum  in the '80s and '90s when Roger
was exec. Director at  Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society/  Sacto JazzFest.
We were board members of American Federation of Jazz Societies and would
cross paths at meetings and several times at the Sacto JazzFest.  He was
friendly, kind and efficient.  I learned a lot from hearing how a large jazz
organization worked.  He was also bassist  with the musical group in which
Bob Ringwald was pianist.  We lost touch, of course, when he was having his
health issues the last few years.
He'll be missed and I think he left the world a better place.

Norman Vickers
Jazz Society of Pensacola