[Dixielandjazz] Leonard Feather

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 03:12:12 PST 2015

Dear Bill,
The session in question was issued on Hall of Fame JG-616, "Jack & Max."
The personnel given just lists Feather on piano, the other musicians being
Jimmy McPartland on cornet or Dick Cary on Trumpet, JT, Edmond Hall, Carl
Kress, Walter Page, Jo Jones and Ray Bauduc.
>From other sources I found that Cary replaced McPartland on"Blue Funk" and
"Davenport Blues," on which Bauduc replaced Jones on drums.
The other
Teagarden items are "Original Dixieland One Step," "High Society" and
"Eccentric."
Side two is by Max Kaminsky's Widy City Six.
As to the session you've mentioned, I remember having it somewhere, too.
I'm surprised it's been issued by such a trad label as Good Time Jazz.
With kine regards,
Marek