[Dixielandjazz] CHICAGO / STYLE JAZZ

Brian Gail briangail at kinect.co.nz
Fri May 22 12:48:01 PDT 2015

   Interesting to read about a preference for the Eddie Condon  dixieland style of jazz , the unfortunate thing is  in my area,
   and many more like it    there are not the musicians who know the style or play these  instruments .
   In my own area we have only one piano player and possibly  two drummers capable of playing the Condon style
   and as for finding a guitar or banjo player  ,again  I can only think of one
   This lack of musicians does not stop one from playing  but does restrict  ones ability to play the enjoyable Condon
    style   and as we are all getting rather older our chances of finding such local musicians is very limited

                                   Brian C  Geoghan    for  Bay Dixie    NZ.