[Dixielandjazz] N.O.

Joe jazzclarinet at cox.net
Tue May 12 09:09:03 PDT 2015

The first time I played in New Orleans was in 1960. I was with the Cell
Block Seven from Dallas and we alternated with Sharkey and the Kings of
Dixieland at the Dream Room on Bourbon Street. We played from 9:00 pm till
4:00 am.  Pete Fountain had a club on Bourbon Street as did Al Hirt. The
Famous Door had great Dixieland every night as well. Those were the good old
days in New Orleans but Frenchman Street reminds me of those days..there are
a lot of young players keepin jazz alive.

Joe Hopkins