[Dixielandjazz] Looking for "best of Turk" tracks

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sun May 3 19:37:02 PDT 2015

No one challenged Jim's criticism of Turk Murphy's tone a while back. I''m looking for something beyond that--some YouTube links that show Murphy at his best. I've never
been a Turk fan and would sincerely like to hear a few good tracks. I heard him a lot on records in the early 50s and even had a couple of 78s on Good Time Jazz, I believe. But I was more attracted to Bill Rank, Lou McGarrity, George Brunis (esp. the Commodore sides with Wild Bill & Wettling), Abe Lincoln, and locally, Digger Laine (when he was sober). Can some Turk fans on the list furnish a link to some Murphy stuff that you see as outstanding?

Thanks.

Charlie