[Dixielandjazz] Youtube Channel Jazz at the Beginning

robyn hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Fri Mar 27 22:56:10 PDT 2015

Hi Listmates

For those of you who may not have caught up  with my Youtube channel Daniel Hardie's Jazz at the Beginning channel  deals with the transition from popular dance music to jazz that occurred in New Orleans beginning around 1897.
It  provides   examples  of the performance style of the  first ten years of jazz based on research published in my  book "The Birth Of Jazz: Reviving the Music of the Bolden Era".
The Playlist includes historically informed concert performances by the Buddy Bolden Revival Orchestra formed by Daniel Hardie in 2004 to reconstruct the repertoire, instrumentation and performance style of the time of Buddy Bolden leader of the first jazz orchestra.
Where possible other musical examples relevant to the performance practices of the era may be introduced.
There  at the moment 6 songs from a concert filmed at The Mittagong Classic Jazz Festival in 2007 and one from a later concert for the Sydney Jazz Club.
You can access the channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HardieDan <https://www.youtube.com/user/HardieDan>

Information about the Buddy Bolden Revival Orchestra can be found at:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/Bolden-orchestra.html <http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/Bolden-orchestra.html>

best wishes
 Dan Hardie