[Dixielandjazz] Yogi Berra on Jazz; Monk

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Thu Mar 19 18:08:08 PDT 2015

Sounds like a made-up story, but funny anyway. True story, though paraphrased from memory. Thelonious Monk was at a recording session when he called for engineer to stop, saying, "I played a wrong note that sounded bad." Many of them, especially intentional seconds, sounded good. So they weren't really bad or wrong, in context.

Charlie