[Dixielandjazz] Old Music Instruments For Young Musicians - Sacramento Area

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Mar 9 02:09:39 PDT 2015

Do you have an old instrument taking up space in the back of a closet or gathering
dust in your garage? Tired of hearing the spouse tell you to “play it or get rid
of it?” Here’s your chance to clean the closet or garage, support a great cause,
and get a tax deduction in the bargain!
The STJS/STJSF is accepting donations of used musical instruments, which will be
refurbished and matched with young student musicians in need in the Sacramento region.
We are looking for instruments that are typically used in jazz bands, but we will
accept any and all. You can bring your instrument to the
Celebration of Music at the Carmichael Elks Lodge this coming Sunday, March 14th,
from noon until 6pm.
The Celebration of Music is a one-time concert featuring outstanding youth bands
from the area.  Admission to the concert is only $5, and all proceeds will benefit
the refurbishing of donated instruments.
So come on out! Hear some great jazz played by great young musicians and get a tax-deduction
receipt for that old instrument!
Sunday, March 14th, 5631 Cypress Ave., Carmichael
Thanks! from the STJS Education Committee