[Dixielandjazz] Benny Goodman and the 1934-35 'Let's Dance' broadcasts.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 7 16:27:14 PST 2015

Dear Listmates,
I have just compiled a discography for a friend in an attempt to establish what performances from the famous 'Let's Dance' broadcasts made by the Benny Goodman Orchestra between 1 December 1934 and 25 May 1935 have been released on LP and CD.
In doing so, I realised that my own extensive collection of Benny Goodman still does not have the following Sunbeam LPs and CD:

SB 100	'The Let's Dance Broadcasts Vol. 1'
SB 104	'The Let's Dance Broadcasts Vol. 2'
SB 105	'BG On The Air  1935-1936.'
SB 150	'The Let's Dance Broadcasts Vol. 3'
SBCD 1003 	'The Let's Dance Broadcasts 1934-34' [CD] or a research copy.

The thought occurred to me that some older DJMLers (or their friends) may have these records sitting unplayed in a cupboard gathering dust.
If so, I would (at my $ cost $) be happy to provide them a good home.
As I do not have Facebook, some kind listmate may care to post this request on my behalf.
Very kind regards,
Bill.