[Dixielandjazz] Hot Lips Levine

dparks999 at verizon.net dparks999 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 23 12:59:10 PDT 2015

What goes around comes around.   When I was but a sprout, I tried to start a
band to play dixieland music, heard at that time and place over a Worcester,
MA radio station in Sunday afternoon seances held by a guy name of Penn
Brown.   My confreres had even less skill than I did, so we went out looking
for written dixieland.  Only thing we could find was a thin collection
called “Modern Dixieland Style” by Levine.  Somehow Volume One grew to three
before the nationwide gag reflex cut in, and I have acquired all three
volumes from eBay.   If there were nothing else left in the world, the
charts in those books would be seeds to grow a new revival.  Moldy, but figs
nonetheless.

Dick Parks