[Dixielandjazz] : 50 Years After Dylan Went Electric, George Wein Remembers - Music – Forward.com

Norman Vickers NVickers1 at cox.net
Mon Jul 20 15:35:38 PDT 2015

To: DJML and Musicians & Jazzfans list

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Thanks to Mike Lynch, a Pensacola avid jazzfan, for this article.  It’s long and covers George Wein’s history, founding of Newport Jazz Festival, and high and low points of that long history.  Even though I had read Wein’s autobiography with co-author Nate Chinen  when it came out several years ago, I learned some new aspects of his life and the article brings us up-to-date on his current status.  For Those of you who are not interested,  it’s easier to skip  a short link-listing.  For those interested, the extra step is  worth the read. (smile)