[Dixielandjazz] Strange Fruit

Jazz en Ville jazz-en-ville at orange.fr
Thu Jul 9 13:13:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

By this time, I invite you (and me) to listen Bechet and Billie playing
and singing "strange fruit"

Sorry, for my poor translation of our poet Baudelaire speaking of Artists:

"It is, really, my God, the best testimony of our dignity,
this ardent sob rolling threw ages which comes to die
  on the shore of Your Eternity"

We, who live playing jazz and blues  with such an enthusiasm, we must
not forget that Jim Crow has not collapsed. Not yet .

Thank you Dear Billie; Thank you Dear Sydney. Go on playing and singing!

Alain de La Simone

---