[Dixielandjazz] Waiting for the Robert E Lee

Maurice Walker mwalker637 at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 09:26:11 PST 2015

Regarding "Waitin' For the Robert E. Lee,"

My favorite is the Lu Watters version with Clancy Hayes on the vocal, including more picking than you usually hear from Clancy.
Bought it originally on a 45rpm single.

Maurie Walker

   1. Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 145, Issue 20 (Dan Barrett)
Dear all,
Happy New Year!  Regarding "Waitin' For the Robert E. Lee," I seem to recall a great version recorded by Turk Murphy's Jazz Band. I think it might be on one of the two Good Time Jazz LPs issued in the late '50s/early '60s. I'm pretty sure it's performed as an instrumental.All the best,--Dan Barrett