[Dixielandjazz] Turk

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Jan 27 22:31:47 PST 2015

John,

Why did you remix?

-Bob Ringwald

From: John Gill
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:56 AM
To: Bob Ringwald
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Turk

GerardI produced those Turk Murphy cd's for the San Francisco Traditional and I can confirm that all but one tune are alternate takes. These things were issued with permission and the surviving musicians were all paid session fees. The original master tapes from "The Many Faces of Ragtime" were utilized for the re-issue and alternate takes were used for all of the tunes except one, "Pickles and Peppers", because it exists as only one take. I also re-mixed and edited. For example I remember that I used take one of "Maple Leaf Rag" but I used the trombone solo from take 3. I did not keep notes, but have some recollections. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.John Gill