[Dixielandjazz] Waiting for the Robert E Lee

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 22 15:53:32 PST 2015

 Phil Wilking wrote in reply to Jim Hillesheim's request for "Any recommendations for recordings of this tune, preferably ones available on a CD, sung with complete lyrics?
I would like to hear of your personal favorites."

> Why all this flailing around about finding the lyrics on a recording?
> Go to the Sheet Music Consortium web site and download the original Muir/Gilbert piano/vocal sheet music which has all the lyrics.

Dear Phil,
That's the 'too easy' way, but no where near as much fun as listing to the various versions, as I suspect Jim wants to do.
<big grin>
I dug out my Watters' rendition to check it and finished up playing the whole CD.
And enjoyed it, as always.
Very kind regards,
Bill.