[Dixielandjazz] Lead Sheets for Trumpet

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:31:46 PST 2015

Barb, when playing on a B flat trumpet, your trumpeter would be playing in a key one step higher than yours. If you’re playing St. Louis Blues in B Flat major, (or G minor, its relative minor), he would be playing in the key of C (or A minor, its relative minor). If he has a trumpet built in C, then you 2 would be playing in the same key.

Be glad to take further questions off-line.

Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL