[Dixielandjazz] Sammy Price

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:26:32 PST 2015

I have an excellent Sammy Price LP, subtitled "Featuring Peanuts Holland"
(Musidisc 30 CV 1230).  There is an excellent trupeter indeed, but - it is
Emett Berry!  Peanuts Holland does not appear at all.  The other musicians
seem to be George Stevenson (trombone) and Herb Hall (clarinet), and the
rhythm section (which I have not been able to find anywhere) is probably
completed by Pops Foster and Freddie Moore, who played with Price in Paris
in the mid-'50's.
The tracks are: "Kansas City Blues," "Swing That Rhythm," "Gotta Boogie,
Gotta Woogie," "Clarinet Creole,"  "Helene's Blues" and "Swingin' Kansas
City Style."
Coud anybody confirm the rhythm section and provide the date?
Cheers