[Dixielandjazz] FW: George Probert R.I.P.

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 12 02:20:11 PST 2015

I was just lamenting the lack of mail on djml lately, and it is a shame it
will take this kind of news to get us all talking again.

I was naturally a great fan of George Probert as a kid growing up in
Southern California & enjoying the FHF+2 both on LP's & live.

George passed through Madrid with his wife...must have been in the 1990's,
and contacted me.  He came to my house for tea (my wife is Irish!), and then
joined our band at a restaurant later that night

It was great to play with such a fine musician.  He even signed the cover of
my FHF+2 album where they are all standing in the ocean.  He said that it
was a real drag, that photo shoot, as the water was cold!

Jim