[Dixielandjazz] Drummer Tommy Ruskin dies-- KC Star Obituary and John Blegen's blog

Norman Vickers NVickers1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 8 08:06:18 PST 2015

To:  DJML and Musicians & Jazzfans list

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Listmate, clarinetist John Blegen, now residing in Kansas City, sends this
link to obituary in KC Star and his own comment for his blog.l

Thanks, John.

Norman

John Blegen <jcblegen at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, Norman,

We lost a great one in Kansas City last week.  Drummer Tommy Ruskin died on
January 1.  Here's the story from the Kansas City Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article5322939.ht
ml

I had the honor of working with Tommy for a little over a year, and he was
an extraordinary musician and a fine man.  Here are some of my thoughts
about Tommy:

http://jcblegen.com/John_Blegens_Website/Blog/Entries/2015/1/7_Tommy_and_Me.
html

John Blegen