[Dixielandjazz] Listmate John Petters

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 07:32:50 PST 2015

Hello listmates,
I hope that by now you've all sobered after the New Year celebrations!
Listmate John has lots of goodies up his sleeve - worth investigating.  I
have just finished listening to the Legends of British Trad, recorded at
the Bull's Head in Barnes on 26 February 1991 - wow!  I have a soft spot
for Alan Elsdon - I listened to his band several times a week at the
Jazzshows Jazz Club on 100 Oxford street during the few weeks I spent in
the UK in 1964.  Neville Dickie is internationally acclaimed as one of the
best pianists around.  I have never before heard Dicj Charlesworth play
that good - much better than in the days he was a city gent.
And he's got more on his CMJ label.  Not too expensive, if banks or credit
card companies do not charge exorbitant commissions in your country (they
do in mine).
Cheers