[Dixielandjazz] Converting LP's to CD's

Michael Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Tue Feb 24 07:54:35 PST 2015

Musical Purists Note: This is a request for technical advice. Delete now
if you are not interested.
Attention: DJML Police: JAZZ CONTENT IS CD MUSIC.

Listmates,

I'm looking for some advice on efforts to convert my jazz LP to CDs.

I have figured out how to make a CD by playing my LP through a
Superscope PSD340 converter. I have downloaded Audacity to clean up the
tracks. However, the Audacity software is telling me that It can't read
the downloaded files and they must be converted to WAF or AIFF files. It
is suggested to use free programs such as Cdax or the Windows version of
iTunes.

Has anyone else run into this issue and solved it in a practical way?
I'm reluctant to download even more software for this project since
besides the Audacity, I have also downloaded software to print CDs. It's
not a computer capacity issue, as I have plenty of free space.

If someone has some experience in this situation, advice would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Mike Woitowicz
Banjoman