[Dixielandjazz] Seeking advice-- computer soft ware for converting LPs to CD

cook at bluewin.ch cook at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 11 04:45:28 PST 2015

I use Magix music cleaning. It does all one needs including a printing
program for discs and CD covers. It is a powerful program but is not very
"intuitive" and one must spend some time learning how to use it.  It is not
free. If you are using Windows XP, I suggest you use eBay to buy a version
earlier than "MX". The version "Lab 2000 deluxe" even has a program that
reduces LP covers to CD size which is not found in later versions -
unfortunately, Lab 2000 will not work with later versions of Windows.
However, the most important thing is to have a very good gramophone - they
do not come cheap!
Have fun - yours aye, Christopher Cook