[Dixielandjazz] Dave Bourne R.I.P.

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Feb 2 10:31:25 PST 2015

Dave Bourne pianist out of Los Angeles has passed away from Cancer. He had been fighting it since 2008.

Many years ago he had the Turn of the Century Ragtime Orchestra.

He has been specializing in Cowboy music lately, playing a lot of the Cowboy Festivals.

He once told me a great story which I will relate here.

Many years ago, probably back in the 60s, he was asked to pick up 3 of the great Original New Orleans musicians, possibly from the airport, can’t remember, and take them to a Jazz concert. He thought to himself that this would be a wonderful experience, hearing all about the early days in New Orleans.

instead, he said all the guys talked about was their health problems, aches and pains, hemorrhoids, etc.

-Bob Ringwald
Bob Ringwald Solo Piano, duo, Trio, Quartet
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/ 806-9551
Amateur (ham) Radio station K 6 Y B V

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying
let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.