[Dixielandjazz] Revivalist bands (was Tuba Skinny)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:26:34 PST 2015

After all, both Banu Gibson and Duke Heitger (and even his dad) are
revivalists.  As were Kenny Davern, Dick Wellstood, dick Sudhalter Don
Ewell, you name them.  All revivalists.  On the other hand, not all the
bands of old wre all that great.  Some were better, some worse.
I, too, tend to prefer the freer "Dixieland" style with double bass and a
guitar over the banjo and tuba bands, but keep an open mind.  Likewise, I
prefer bands with a piano, but I've heard some fantastic pianoless bands;
for example, I've been a great Chris Barber fan ever since my dad bought me
my first Barber EP back in 1961.
Cheers