[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Amazing Peach

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 15:36:39 PST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donna
My friend Donna attended an Amazing Peach show at the Piano Bar.  Here's
what she has to say:

Last night's great Gypsy jazz performance only started at 10:30.  It was
Amazing Peach, led by the amazing Omer Ashano on violin, with Jonathan Santo
on rhythm guitar, Amir Gad on lead guitar and Amit Geller on bass.  All
four members of the band are good musicians and I sit up close and really
enjoy taking in all the nuances of their playing.  They do great things
with jazz standards and Django standards and try to include some less
overplayed numbers.
  The Piano Bar in Jaffa doesn't really do them justice the acoustics and
sound equipment are lacking, the bandstand is at the end of the bar, which
partially obscures the musicians from wherever you may be sitting or
standing, and the audience is too noisy (partially owing to the bad
acoustics and the lack of eye contact).  Nevertheless, it should be
commended for providing a venue for live music, frequently jazz.
Go see them when you get a chance.

Donna
I have already heard the New Orleans Function there, and my friends and I
are planning to go again on Thursday to hear that band.
The reason it's named Piano Bar must be that - there's no piano!