[Dixielandjazz] What is the tune used in this old Australian TV ad?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Dec 7 13:57:50 PST 2015

domitype . wrote:
> I am not catching any of the familiar "Dirge Tunes" that are known around the world - is it something that was made up by the ad agency, or is there some tune in OZ we don't all know about? Serious answers not required. ;-)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noRipRRrapE

Dear Dave,
"The music and lyrics were written by James Joseph White and the copyright of the music and lyrics was held by him until his death. The copyright then was inherited by his relatives. The copyright of the jingle is registered with A.P.R.A (Australasian Performing Right Association Ltd)."

Here are the words & music regarding "Louie The Fly" - an Australian icon.
Whether you want them or not.
<big grin>
   http://www.campaignbrief.com/2011/09/mortein-bids-a-final-fond-good.html
   http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/mighty-unclean-maybe-but-hes-no-fly-by-night/2007/10/05/1191091363956.html