[Dixielandjazz] My good news and bad news....

Les Elkins leslie.r.elkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:55:23 PST 2015

Hi guys,

Thanks, I'm quite aware of AFCDJS and have attended 5-6 times. That was my
first camp (2005, I think?), when I was quite new to trad and a couple of
people in the band I joined were alumni. I owe a decent amount of my
competence to those folks. (And a long weekend in San Diego in January has
its appeal!)

Sac Jazz is on my radar. For various reasons this year I'm next looking
into the Wellbourne jazz camp in Middleburg, VA. It's semi-local to me.
They bring in some New Orleans music and dancer instructors to a big old
house out in the country. The idea of working with dancers as well is
intriguing to me. We'll see what I can swing with other commitments and
between my work travel. (How many years until I get to retire and have fun,
again?)

-Les Elkins

--
"NEVER use a maj7 chord in any bar that is named after a deceased NASCAR
  driver, a large-calibre firearm, or an intoxicated farm animal."