[Dixielandjazz] Where to hear New Orleans Jazz

Larry Garrett lrg4003 at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 14:12:19 PST 2015

Hey David, you'll find a lot of trad jazz, mostly younger groups, playing in the clubs like the Spotted Cat along Frenchmen's Street.  And usually a couple of street bands along Royal----Doreen Ketchens is often there as is Tuba Skinny.

The Palm Court usually has quality groups.

But there are only two Bourbon Street clubs left playing trad jazz.  One is the Maison Bourbon and the other, which I definitely recommend, is Fritzel's.  It's loud and you're packed in tight but some very, very good players are in there 7 nights a week----Richard Scott, Tom Fischer, Gerald French, Tom McDermott, Charlie Fardella, Chuck Brackman, sometimes Tim Laughlin (or you may catch him at the Palm Court).

I'm sure list members will have other suggestions too.  Have a great trip!

KC Clarinet