[Dixielandjazz] Slim Gaillard

Andy Ling Andy.Ling at quantel.com
Mon Aug 17 03:30:03 PDT 2015

> I've been following the Slim Gaillard thread with interest and Robert R
> Calder's mention of my ancient posting about gigging with Slim got me
> wondering what I had written. A visit to the DJML Archive yielded the
> following message: "*Note: /Searching capabilities are temporarily
> disabled." /*

I think it has always been disabled. We have talked of this in the past, but it
is probably worth mentioning again.

You can use google to search the archives. You can tell google to limit its searching
to a site. So you can put something like the following in the google search box

site:http://ml.islandnet.com/pipermail/dixielandjazz/ slim gaillard

This will produce a result like...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fml.islandnet.com%2Fpipermail%2Fdixielandjazz%2F+slim+gaillard&ie=UTF-8

Which starts with lots of stuff from 2012 . Top of the list states Slim was
born on the planet Saturn..

Enjoy

Andy Ling