[Dixielandjazz] Slim Gaillard

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:07:56 PDT 2015

Weren't we lucky to have access to the beeb?  Oh, BBC for the
non-cognoscenti.
The broadcast were available in very good quality, and I'd almost always
run away from the office with a small portable radio to listen to that one
and to "Jazz for the Asking," a request programme which, as long as Peter
Clayton was alive, and then - with Digby Fairweather - played mostly OKOM.
Later it was practically killed by a new editor-announcer who broadcast
mostly modern music, not addressing most of the programme's listeners.
Those were the days (probably because we were so much younger then)!
Cheers