[Dixielandjazz] Guitarist and "vout" expert Bulee "Slim " Gaillard early life in Pensacola, FL

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Wed Aug 12 21:38:11 PDT 2015

Fascinating story, Norm. Gaillard was in many ways the essence of laid-back hipness in the early bop years, with very original absurdist humor to boot. All of that is heard on “Slim’s Jam,” which has some marginally bopppish, brilliant solos by Bird and Diz. Listmates, if you haven’t dug this lately, you’ve gotta smile when you hear it.

Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdYaLsLdto <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdYaLsLdto>