[Dixielandjazz] Tram - Clifford Brown

Cary Marshall cary_marshall at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:14:21 PDT 2015

Clifford Brown sounded quite different on some of his recordings depending on the material and the arrangements.  The album I most enjoyed and where his phrasing, improvisation and tone would be most like Bix, in my opinion, would be Clifford Brown with Strings.  His treatment of jazz standards was melodic and tasteful.