[Dixielandjazz] Tram - Clifford Brown

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:00:15 PDT 2015

Dear Steve,
I have had the misfortune of hearing them all - Clifford Brown, Freddie
Hubbard, Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, even your own Courtney Pine.  I knew
all the boring Brubeck records by heart before I even heard of Wild bill
Davison.  It took me years to separate the chaff from the grain, so don't
preach to me, please!
And when it comes to ears, I can only listen with mine, and trust them more
than anybody else's.  What you preach is masochism to me, and while I may
not be a pure hedonist, a masochist I certaily am not!
Cheers