[Dixielandjazz] Tram - Clifford Brown

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:56:00 PDT 2015

> Perhaps you have found Clifford Brown’s music voring, I can understand
> that. But to say he is not a Jazz musician, is beyond the pail.

I beg to disagree.  Apparently, I am much mouldier than you.  But I have
the feeling that Clifford Brown is considered a jazz musician because of
the "terrible thing," as Eddie Condon  said, that "has happened to jazz: it
became respectable.'  Therefore, lots of musicians who originally
dissociated themselves from jazz flocked in.  Charlie Parker claimed that
"be bop is no love child of jazz."
Cheers