[Dixielandjazz] Free Jazz Concert - Walnut Creek, CA -- Saturday, May 2

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Mon Apr 27 12:11:06 PDT 2015

I received the following email from Bob Burch, President of the Rossmoor
Dixieland Jazz Club, on Sunday. I believe he'd be happy to have this
re-posted here. The event is at the Rossmoor Event Center in Walnut Creek,
CA. It's a great way to promote traditional jazz among young players -- and
it's FREE!

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA

===================

Sunday, April 26

Dear Dixieland Jazz Fans:

I am reaching out to everyone on the Dixieland Jazz Club email list to
remind you of a very special FREE event that will take place
1:30 pm Saturday,   May 2, 2015 at the Rossmoor Event Center.

This is your opportunity to bring your friends, neighbors, children and
grandchildren to a FREE CONCERT.     The Dixieland Jazz Club is offering an
opportunity for everyone to enjoy an Original American Art Form - Dixieland
Jazz or Traditional Jazz.    The Dixieland Jazz Club Board decided to host a
free concert to introduce this style of music to others without cost.

The Dixie Dominus Jazz Band from Fremont appears at Jazz Festivals in
Northern California.    I have personally heard them at the  Fresno and
Monterey Jazz Festivals and experienced the terrific music created by these
high school students.   This summer the Band is heading to Europe for a Jazz
Festival.

This band plays Traditional Dixieland Jazz with much energy and excitement.
So please mark your calendar and call all you friends, neighbors, family and
share with them the music from a very special group of talented musicians
for our Saturday afternoon concert.

Bob Burch, President
925-934-1337